Saturday, June 18, 2016

Choosing South Korea

We have chosen and applied to...(drumroll)... South Korea!!
We officially have a home country for our child! We now have a specific timeline, fee schedule, nationality, culture, etc to help put a face to our newest Smith. :)

So, after being between South Korea and Thailand for a while, and after much praying together and separately, I felt that God wanted us to pursue South Korea, but I wanted to make sure that Todd was hearing the same thing and it wasn't just me in his ear. He mentioned that he was leaning towards South Korea, but wanted a "clear" answer from God. So we waited to make sure we were truly following God's will.

Then one night we decided to watch "Dropbox" on Netflix, which is about a baby dropbox a man created to decrease the abandoned babies and have a safe place for parents to drop their babies off at if they felt like they could not care for them. (I highly recommend this documentary!) The opening scene said "SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA" and my heart skipped a beat. Something in me just clicked, I wanted to laugh, cry, and jump up and down. God is faithful to answer those who ask. After the movie, Todd quickly turned towards me and said, "Let's apply to South Korea!" I love watching how God talks to each of us and confirms our questions.

So, we did it! We applied to Holt International's South Korea program on June 13, 2016.


Please continue to pray for our family as we follow God's will towards the newest Smith! 


No comments:

Post a Comment